Friday, October 28, 2011

I think I'm in the wrong business!

The old Army ad said, "We more before 9am than most do all day." I can say that today I lived that slogan. I visited FOUR daycares and picked up paperwork from the Dr.

Why?

Our current daycare in my opinion is in decline. When I first moved here we were happy at the amount of money we were saving. The staff was attentive to our daughter. As our family grew, they were very accomodating. The girls were happy. I started noticing some of the people we were very pleased with were leaving. Also seeing a high turnover rate. Hmmm? Clue 1!

In June of this year, Pooks turned 2 which should have decreased our tuition. Our tuition INCREASED? it made sense so we accpted it. Not more than 2MONTHS later there is a notice that rates are INCREASING across the board. WTF? I complained an the Center Director did some calculating showed me a calculator said here's your rate. It was $15/week higher, we grumbled but accepted it. Late September, I'm shown a paper with our tuition on it. A couple of missing payments (I only use my check book in two places) a rate HIGHER and LATE FEES. My face must have been readable from space because the Director immediately said I'll check into this. Time passes. Clue 2!

Yesterday I'm shown a paper with a rate that looks EVEN HIGHER! i'm told "oh that rate is incorrect. I don't know why its like that?". I contain myself from exploding. I send an email stating my disatifaction. Are we encouraged to stay? Was there a, hey lets looks this over? We've cared for your children for over year how can we fix this? No! It's almost like hey pay us what you owe and theres the door!

I know there are good Martial Arts schools out there and bad Martial Arts school out there. I try to be fair wifh all my students. I do not want to make any of them feel as if I am forcing them to choose between me and rent. With that, there are good Day Cares and bad Day Cares. Of the places I went to today, the high was $360/week! That's $1440 a month! WTF?

I think we've decided on what we are doing. Whatever it is it needs o ve done ASAP. The Girlies are going to have an adjstment period. Seems, just when we get a little ahead we get drug back down.
Grrrr!



No comments:

Post a Comment